I read 9 books in January! What a great way to start the new year!
Unfortunately, I didn’t have any 5 star books this month. I don’t know if I’m just in a slump from the weather, or if I just genuinely wasn’t feeling exceptional about these. Nevertheless, there are definitely some good titles within my list! If you are interested in reading any of the books I listened to as audiobooks this month, I highly recommend these titles in that format.
I’ve also added a “TBR” section to the end of these monthly wrap-ups; this will share with you what books I am prioritizing in the new month. Wish me luck on achieving these goals!
**Book titles with asterisks are ones I’ve already reviewed on Archetypes & Anecdotes, as of the publication of this blog post.
- A Flicker in the Dark by Stacy Willingham (Mystery/Psychological Thriller)**
- Migrations by Charlotte McConaghy (Literary Fiction/Environmental)
- Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover (Contemporary Romance)**
- American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang (Young Adult/Graphic Novel)
- My Body by Emily Ratajkowski (Memoir/Feminist Essays)
- Black Cake by Charmaine Wilkerson (Literary Fiction)
- Ties that Tether by Jane Igharo (Contemporary Romance)
- Sex Cult Nun: Breaking Away from the Children of God, a Wild, Radical Religious Cult by Faith Jones (memoir)
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot (Scientific & Historical Nonfiction)
|3 – 3.5 Stars||4 – 4.5 Stars||5 Stars|
|Ties that Tether||Migrations|
|My Body (3.5)||Sex Cult Nun|
|Black Cake (3.5)||Reminders of Him|
|American Born Chinese|
|The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks|
|A Flicker in the Dark (4.5)|