I read 11-books during December. Thank you, Winter Break!
And yes, I know I’m late. But better late than never, right?
Many of these books were sent from their authors. Thank you to Palmer Smith and Khalisa Rae for sending copies of their inspiring, moving poetry collections, and to Elvira Weitman for getting me out of my comfort zone with some romance! I am honored to be able to support these up-and-coming authors. I hope that you all will check them out!
I can already tell you that there are strong reviews coming soon for many of the titles listed below. Be on the look out in the near future.
**Book titles with asterisks are ones I’ve already reviewed on Archetypes & Anecdotes, as of the publication of this blog post.
- We Are the Brennans by Tracey Lange (contemporary fiction)**
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley (classic/dystopian fiction)
- The Butterfly Bruises by Palmer Smith (poetry collection)
- Ghost in a Black Girl’s Throat by Khalisa Rae (poetry collection)
- Operation Mission Seduction by Elvira Weitman (contemporary romance)
- Window Shopping by Tessa Bailey (contemporary romance / holiday)**
- Christmas in the Scottish Highlands by Donna Ashcroft (contemporary romance / holiday)**
- The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood (contemporary romance)
- The Santa Suit by Mary Kay Andrews (contemporary romance / holiday)**
- For Your Own Good by Samantha Downing (thriller/mystery)
- Under the Rainbow by Celia Laskey (LGBTQ+/Contemporary/Literary Fiction)
|3 – 3.5 Stars||4 – 4.5 Stars||5 Stars|
|We are the Brennans||The Santa Suit||The Love Hypothesis|
|Brave New World||Under the Rainbow|
|Window Shopping||The Butterfly Bruises|
|Operation Mission Seduction||Ghost in a Black Girl’s Throat|
|For Your Own Good (4.5)|
|Christmas in the Scottish Highlands (4.5)|
Still Working On in the New Year…
- My Body by Emily Ratajkowski
Leave a Reply