One whole year.
It’s been one year since I began this book blog and my bookstagram. Within that time, I have read almost 90 books. I have connected with fellow readers and bookstagrammers – both online and in-person – and I can honestly say that I have gained a wonderful community. I learned how to make reading a priority despite a busy lifestyle, and I have discovered so many new authors and titles. For all of this and more, thank you for joining my journey.
Cheers to another year to come!
Here are some of my favorites from this past year to highlight my 1st year of book blogging!
(Also, yes – I am aware that my blog shares the anniversary of the U.S. Insurrection of 2021. Consider its start a result of nervous energy being put to good use!)
- Genres: Literary Fiction and thrillers
- Audiobook: Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo
- Bookstore: The Dusty Bookshelf in Lawrence, KS
- Bookish Friends: The lovely ladies of the KC Bookstagrammer book club (@Bookworms.of.KC)
- Bookish Place: The Library Hotel in NYC
- Book Read for Book Club: The Rose Code by Kate Quinn
- Bookish (But Non-Book) Purchase: “Always Fully Booked” Planner from Little Inklings Designs
- Books I read in the year:
- The Grace Year by Kim Liggett
- Infinite Country by Patricia Engel
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Piranesi by Susanna Clarke
- The One Hundred Years of Lenni and Margo by Marianne Cronin
- Verity by Colleen Hoover
- Once There Were Wolves by Charlotte McConaghy
Other Honorable Mentions:
- My Most Popular Post: This one about The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett
- Authors I Discovered and Loved: Charlotte McConaghy and Alice Feeney
- A Genre I’ve Tried More of: Contemporary Romance
- Ongoing reading buddy and guest blogger, Cathy!
- My FANTASTIC photographers and hype-men/women! (Mike, Guin, Katie, Hannah and Kari [and their husbands!])